I just finished looking on the Leon County (Tallahassee) Humane Society’s web site. Every time I check the adoption lists, I can’t help but want to rescue one of the kitties or frogs featured. Something in my heart finds it very wrong to allow an animal to be killed just because it’s not a baby. I know that’s not what always happens, but it does happen, and it makes me sad.
In December, I spent a gift card on this stuff. Best $16 ever spent. It smells like heaven…if heaven smells like margaritas and almond oil. I feel like I’m in Mexico on some wave-smashed beach every time I use it. I’m not generally a “bath” girl, but this stuff rocks my world. I’m not going to lie, it smells so good that I have tasted it to see if it is as delicious as it smells. Don’t try it.
- Shiver- Coldplay
- Bitter Song- Butterfly Boucher
- The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill-Lauryn Hill
- Everybody Clap-Dispatch
- Live it Up- John Legend
- Tell Him- The Exciters
- Here Comes My Girl- Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers
- Wait- Death Cab for Cutie
- Bryan Adams- Summer of ’69
- Red- Okkervil River
- No Other One- Weezer
- Decatur, or, A Round of Applause for your Stepmother- Sufjan Stevens
- The Hardest Part- Coldplay
- When Will They Come?- My Morning Jacket
- God-fearing Man- Ben Harper
- That I will like your music if you are a white male and play one instrument very well. Additionally, you are ridiculously good looking.
- This is a song my sister added to a mixed CD she gave me. My iTunes is really heavily male-dominated.
- Except that Lauryn Hill is a BA.
- A lot of my music sounds the same.
- That I will like your music if you are a black male and play one instrument very well. Additionally, you are probably ridiculously good looking.
- Music of past generations is a treasure trove.
- Tom Petty is one crazy man, but my dad and I used to listen to him a lot. We’d drive around town in his truck, and he’d give me “Fire”-flavored Jolly Ranchers. In “You don’t know how it feels,” TP plays the harmonica, and my dad dabbled in harmonica, so it always brings a smile to my face.
- Again with the male singer/songwriter hipster trend. Can’t help it.
- An older version of #8. “Summer of ’69” is so good.
- Repeat #8.
- Just recently had a discussion about Weezer. And why they sold out. And how I still like them despite it.
- I think if I was Sufjan Steven’s stepmother, I’d be a very, very happy woman. Don’t judge.
- I really don’t have that much Coldplay, and I’m surprised it came up twice.
- MMJ live in KC was a great way to begin the school year. “Evil Urges” is one of my favorite albums of 2008.
- “Beloved One” is the first Ben Harper song that I remember thinking “this is a moving song.”
Eight months from today I will have celebrated one day as Emily Anderson Nix. I can’t tell you how happy I am that we’re making progress on wedding plans. In the month I haven’t blogged, planning has gone from absolutely nothing to we’re-almost-completely-set on the big things.