I don’t like cake. So for our wedding, I’ve considered having a small white “traditional” wedding cake and a bunch of other fun and delicious cakes for our friends and family to choose from. I think it would look fun, too, instead of a big cake and Aaron’s groom’s cake.
Also, invitation stuff is driving me mad. I love invitations, and I don’t think I would ever be happy if I designed them because I would change it. With the wedding being 113 days away (gulp) they need to be ordered. Quick. So I’m trying to find a suite that 1. I LOVE 2. I can justify paying for etc etc. I need a graphic designer and some printing resources.
Sorry I’ve been lazy about finding pictures. I promise I’ll do better.
My life seems to run better when I can list things. So here’s today’s list.
1. I am taking golf lessons! Beginning September 14th I’ll be learning a game I’ve just recently had an interest in learning a “lifelong game,” as my dad says, and I found out that our campus recreation center is offering lessons for beginners.
2. I am so overjoyed with thoughts of the wedding. The planning isn’t stressing me out at all (at least not right now.) We have 116 days before the big day, and I couldn’t be more excited. With Aaron beginning graduate school 1,000 miles away, it’s been a rocky transition from his closeness for the past two years. However, I feel like we’re both doing really, really well. We haven’t spent much time on the phone lately because this is our first week, so I’m eager to begin to actually TALK again.
3. Like I said earlier today, I am really thrilled with the workout stuff.
4. JCrew catalog today. Ridiculous prices? Absolutely. But good ideas 🙂
5. Cake tasting over Labor Day weekend!
Yesterday I started my pre-wedding/pre-marriage fitness plan. Designed to render me incapable of brushing my hair, lifting things past my elbows and exhausting me by 7 a.m. I’m getting up at 5:45 to run to the rec and take fitness classes- cycling on MWF, strength training on TR and a “fun” class or swimming on Saturday. I’m thinking about going back for swimming in the evenings because it’s my favey.
But yeah. day 2 of the plan (weights day) and I am ex-haus-ted. Don’t try to follow my breakdown of that word because it won’t work. Also, as I stepped foot outside of the gym, the sky opened up. It sounded like firecrackers. T and I got soaked on our 4 block run back to the apartment. Sooo.
Yay for feeling accomplished with my workout by 7:30 a.m.! This is a schedule I definitely plan on keeping.