- I tied a long ribbon to Livy’s mouse today so I could run around the house and she could follow me. It’s become her favorite toy to carry around and it’s so funny to watch.
- I love being able to spend time talking with sweet friends about silly shows (Bachelorette and True Beauty) and I am excited to see a ton of my friends in about three weeks!
- It’s been raining here all weekend. No tan for me today!
- My husband is the director of photography this week, and he’s working so hard. I love him and admire his work ethic.
- I went to Tommy Bahama’s with my in-laws this weekend and ordered crab bisque and a Caesar salad. The bisque was incredible… the salad was HILARIOUS. I wish I had snapped a pic – and I also grabbed a few matchbooks. TB has excellent matchbooks!
- I am so excited to go back home this week!
- I got the most awesome birthday present from Aaron’s sibs! I can’t wait to post pictures!
- For some reason I feel like I got a lot accomplished this weekend, even though I know I really didn’t. Maybe it’s because I’m reading a lot more, and that always makes me feel valuable.
- Don Juan, Taqueria El Lugar, Posado’s cafe… yea for my T-town Mexican food! Jillian, you better get ready to go to all of these places 🙂
- It’s my birthday month!!! possible blog name— born on the first day of summer? kind of a literal and figurative thing 🙂
The other night I was blogging about something when Aaron said “you’re such a liar to your blog.” At first I laughed, because I thought it was funny he was referring to my blog as the audience. I asked him what he meant, and he said “you always say that you’re going to do this or go there but you don’t always do it. So you’re a liar.” I laughed, but then I started thinking about how my blog does sometimes become my working to-do list. For instance, tonight via twitter I said I was going to go to a movie and then grab ice cream. Incidentally, I did have those plans. They happened to change when Aaron got called back to pre-production and left 30 minutes earlier than I expected him to. When he got home, we decided to instead get supper; he didn’t have time to go to a movie since he was making trip #3 to the set for pre-production. So while my intentions were clear, they were incorrect and ultimately did not happen. I asked Aaron if he thought I should follow-up my “to-do” posts with whether I actually accomplished or experienced the things I said I wanted to do, and he said that would be a good idea. The benefit, I think, will be that I have more motivation to do the things I want to do, and also so I can be more transparent with you, the readers. Is this completely silly? Maybe, but it does make me feel better – for some reason I never considered this blog as a way to look back as much as a way to look forward. I will be doing a better job of both from now on. I promise! 🙂
If I have a gift, it’s associating unrelated things. We are thinking about getting a DSLR. Do you have any suggestions?